Chef knives and Santoku knives are favorites around the kitchen. They are so similar in appearance and function that one often thinks they are the same kitchen tool. Both kitchen knives are all-purpose knives that can be used for a variety of tasks in the kitchen, including chopping, dicing, slicing, and mincing. The chef knife is the most commonly used knife by Western chefs and is one of the three essential knives in the kitchen. Santoku is a multipurpose knife. It's known as the Japanese version of the chef knife, but it's becoming increasingly popular in the United States and other parts of the world.
|Chef Knife||Santoku Knife|
|Origins||Europe (France and Germany.)||Japan|
|Length||8 - 10 inches||5 - 7 inches|
|Blade Shape||Wide blade that tapers to a point||Granton Edge|
Features of Chef Knife
1. The chef knife is a general purpose knife with a wide blade and a curved part of the blade that can be used for cutting meat, fish and vegetables.
2. The chef knife has a larger and thicker blade than the Santoku knife, which makes the chef knife more efficient in handling large vegetables.
3. For people: Fit for all tasks and people, whether you are professional or not!
Features of Santoku Knife1. The meaning of the Santoku knife is that it can be used for three purposes. Some say it can handle "meat, fish, vegetables", and others say it can "slice, dice, and chop".
2. The size of Santoku knife is mostly 160mm to 190mm, they are lighter and thinner than chef knife, usually with marking Granton edge, small size has great flexibility in use.
3. Applicable people: Santoku knife is a multifunctional universal kitchen knife, which is very suitable for both home and professional chefs.
Grandsharp Knives was created to empower your magic kitchen with the best knives. Bring your most vivid, limitless, creative ideas to life in your culinary journey.
SHOP YOURS BEGIN NOW!